Stuffed Pork Chops With Roasted Carrots
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 4 1-inch-thick bone-in pork chops (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- Heat oven to 400° F. On a baking sheet, toss the carrots, onion, 2 tablespoons of the oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Roast, stirring once, until tender, 25 to 28 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the cranberries, preserves, and coriander in a bowl. Using a paring knife, cut a 3-inch-deep pocket in the side of each chop; stuff with the mixture.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the pork with ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper and brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer pork to oven (on the rack above the carrots) and roast until cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Serve with the carrots.
- Per Serving
- Calories 512
- Cholesterol 115mg
- Sat Fat 6g
- Sodium 670mg
- Protein 44g
- Carbohydrate 35g
- Fiber 5g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .