- 2 1/2cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 2teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2cup dried cranberries
- 1/2cup shelled roasted pistachios
- Heat oven to 350° F. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until smooth. One at a time, beat in the eggs. Mix in the almond extract.
- With the mixer on low, gradually add the flour mixture, mixing until just incorporated. Mix in the cranberries and pistachios.
- Divide the dough in half and shape into two 10-by-2-inch logs. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake until just golden around the edges and firm to the touch, 22 to 25 minutes. Let cool for 30 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 300° F. Using a serrated knife, cut the logs into ½-inch-thick slices. Arrange in a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake until dry and crisp, 15 to 18 minutes per side.
- Keep at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.