- 2tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/2cup dark brown sugar
- 1cup orange juice
- 16ounces cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2teaspoon black pepper
- 2tablespoons minced fresh cilantro (optional)
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the ginger and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the sugar, orange juice, and cranberries.
- Cook until the cranberries burst and the sauce thickens, about 15 minutes. Stir in the marmalade to taste (depending on desired sweetness). Turn off heat. Stir in the pepper and cilantro just before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature.