Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 12 ounces cranberries (fresh or frozen), washed and picked over
- 2 to 4 tablespoons sugar
- 5 ounces mint jelly (1/2 a 10-ounce jar)
- In a saucepan, over medium-high heat, bring the cranberries, 1 cup of water, and 2 tablespoons of the sugar to a simmer. Stir briefly to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the berries begin to burst, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in the jelly; let cool.
- Taste and, if desired, stir in additional sugar. Transfer to a serving dish, cover, and refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours and up to 5 days. Serve cold.
- Per Serving
- Calories 82Calories From Fat 1%
- Calcium 3.45mg
- Carbohydrate 21.39g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Fat 0.06g
- Fiber 1.96g
- Iron 0.11mg
- Protein 0.17mg
- Sat Fat 0g
- Sodium 0.85mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
The mint flavor mellows when the sauce is chilled. If you'd like it stronger, add some finely chopped fresh mint just before serving.