Cranberry Gingerbread Cookies
Serves 12| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 14- to 15-ounce box gingerbread cake or cookie mix, plus the ingredients called for on the label directions
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 cup coarse or regular granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 350º F.
- Make the gingerbread cookie dough according to the label directions. Stir in the dried cranberries. Roll the dough into 1-inch balls. Arrange the balls on an ungreased baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Lightly butter the bottom of a drinking glass, then dip it into the sugar. With the glass, flatten the balls one at a time. Dip the glass back into the sugar after each cookie is pressed.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until firm. Remove to a wire rack and cool completely.
This recipe makes 2 dozen cookies.
- Per Serving
- Calories 140
- Calcium 17mg
- Carbohydrate 23g
- Cholesterol 9mg
- Fat 5g
- Fiber 0g
- Iron 1mg
- Protein 1mg
- Sat Fat 1g
- Sodium 115mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .