- 3 (15-count) packages frozen mini phyllo tart shells
- 1½ cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 3½ ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- Candied orange peel, slivered or diced, for garnish (optional)
- Prepare the tart shells according to the package’s directions, then let cool.
- Bring the cranberries, cream, and sugar to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Reduce the heat to maintain a steady simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until saucy, about 8 minutes. (Some of the cranberries will have burst.)
- Place the chocolate in a medium bowl and pour the hot cranberry sauce over top. Stir until the chocolate has melted. Let cool, stirring occasionally, until the mixture comes to room temperature.
- Divide the ganache evenly among the tart shells and garnish with candied orange peel, if desired. Refrigerate until set, at least 4 hours.
Storage tip: The tarts can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days, but the shells will soften over time.