- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 ounces shortbread cookies
- 1/2 cup (2 1/2 ounces) roasted almonds
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 8-ounce package frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 1/4-ounce packet unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Warm the orange juice and sugar in a small pot over low heat until the sugar dissolves. Transfer to a large bowl and refrigerate until just cool, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pulse the cookies and almonds in a food processor until finely ground. Add the butter and pulse to combine. Press the cookie mixture evenly into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Clean the food processor, then add the cranberries and 1/4 cup of the cooled juice and puree.
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the remaining juice and let stand for 1 minute. Stir until the gelatin dissolves. Add the pureed cranberries and stir to combine.
- Beat the cream in a medium bowl using a whisk or electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold the whipped cream into the cranberry mixture until well combined. Pour the cranberry cream into the crust. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and refrigerate until set, at least 4 hours.