- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 12-ounce bag fresh cranberries (3 1/2 cups), chopped
- 1 Granny Smith apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Heat oven to 350° F. Spread the walnuts on a rimmed baking sheet and toast in oven, tossing occasionally, until fragrant, 6 to 8 minutes; let cool, then chop.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cranberries, apple, walnuts, maple syrup, parsley, orange zest, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Let sit at room temperature for 2 hours so the flavors can blend.