Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1/2 pound lump or “special” crab meat, or chopped cooked shrimp
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 radishes, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped, plus 2 tablespoons celery leaves
- 1/2 Granny Smith apple, cored and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 hot dog buns, split
- pickles and sweet potato chips, for serving
- In a medium bowl, combine the crab, mayonnaise, radishes, celery, celery leaves, apple, lemon juice, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Dividing evenly, fill the buns with the crab mixture. Serve with the pickles and chips.
- Per Serving
- Calories 292
- Fat 14g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 62mg
- Sodium 689mg
- Protein 16g
- Carbohydrate 25g
- Sugar 5g
- Fiber 2g
- Iron 2mg
- Calcium 126mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
In the market, you may see three types of crabmeat. Lump meat contains the largest, sweetest pieces of meat. Flake special and claw meat contain smaller flakes and have a stronger taste.