Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 pounds cooked crabmeat
- 2 bunches scallions, white and light-green parts only, thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 rolls or hot dog buns
- 8 leaves lettuce (such as Bibb)
- 3 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- Pick over the crabmeat, discarding any pieces of shell. Finely chop the meat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the crabmeat, scallions, celery, lemon juice, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper.
- Toast the rolls until lightly browned.
- Spoon some of the chilled crabmeat mixture onto half of each roll, then place some of the lettuce and tomato on the other half. Serve immediately.
- Per Serving
- Calories 322.4Calories From Fat 40%
- Calcium 158.71mg
- Carbohydrate 23.83g
- Cholesterol 120.28mg
- Fat 14.26g
- Fiber 2.19g
- Iron 2.66mg
- Protein 24.57mg
- Sat Fat 1.95g
- Sodium 572.64mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
You can substitute cooked, chopped lobster or shrimp for the crabmeat.