- 2pounds cooked crabmeat
- 2 bunches scallions, white and light-green parts only, thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2cup mayonnaise
- 1/2teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4teaspoon black pepper
- 8 rolls or hot dog buns
- 8 leaves lettuce (such as Bibb)
- 3 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- Pick over the crabmeat, discarding any pieces of shell. Finely chop the meat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the crabmeat, scallions, celery, lemon juice, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper.
- Toast the rolls until lightly browned.
- Spoon some of the chilled crabmeat mixture onto half of each roll, then place some of the lettuce and tomato on the other half. Serve immediately.