- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 ounces lump crab meat
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, plus more for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lime zest, plus lime wedges for serving
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- kosher salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha (Asian chili-garlic sauce)
- Set oven rack in the lowest position and heat oven to 450° F. Brush a rimmed baking sheet with the oil.
- In a medium bowl, combine the crab, bread crumbs, scallion whites, egg, sesame seeds, lime zest, 2 tablespoons of the mayonnaise, and ¾ teaspoon salt. Form the mixture into 20 patties (about 1 tablespoon each) and place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until golden and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the Sriracha and the remaining 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise. Dividing evenly, spoon onto the crab cakes; sprinkle with the scallion greens and additional sesame seeds. Serve with the lime wedges.