- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 cup couscous
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted almonds
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the scallions and cook, stirring often, until softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Add 1 cup water and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the couscous, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cover, remove from heat, and let stand 5 minutes. Fold in the cranberries, almonds, and lemon juice.