Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes (about 4), peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- Heat oven to 425° F. Place the potatoes in a large pot and add cold water to cover.
- Bring to a boil and add 1 teaspoon salt. Reduce heat and simmer until just tender, about 15 minutes. Drain the potatoes and return them to the pot.
- Add the milk, butter, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper to the potatoes and mash.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until browned, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Add the peas and carrots.
- Transfer the beef mixture to 4 individual baking dishes and top with the mashed potatoes. Bake until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Per Serving
- Calories 469Calories From Fat 175
- Protein 29g
- Carbohydrate 44g
- Sugar 9g
- Fiber 4g
- Fat 20g
- Sat Fat 8g
- Calcium 72mg
- Iron 5mg
- Sodium 759mg
- Cholesterol 87mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .