- 4 fresh thyme sprigs, plus leaves for serving
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 3-pound piece corned beef brisket (with spice packet, if included)
- 1 pound carrots, cut in half crosswise (and in half lengthwise if thick)
- 1/2 small green cabbage, cut into thin wedges
- 1 pound small red potatoes
- Dijon mustard, for serving
- Combine the thyme, caraway seeds, beef (cut in half to fit if necessary) with spice packet, carrots, cabbage, potatoes, and ½ cup water in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. Cook, covered, until the beef is tender, on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours (this will shorten total recipe time).
- Transfer the beef to a cutting board and thinly slice.
- Serve warm with the carrots, cabbage, potatoes, and mustard, sprinkled with fresh thyme leaves.