- nonstick cooking spray
- 1⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fine ground cornmeal
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (14.75 ounces) creamed corn
- 1 bag (16 ounces) frozen yellow corn kernels
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1½ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- Spray a 6-quart slow cooker insert with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, and pepper. In a separate bowl combine eggs, creamed corn, corn, sour cream, and butter. Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients until completely incorporated. Fold in 1 cup cheese and the chopped sage.
- Spread the batter evenly into the greased slow cooker, cover and cook on high until set in the middle and golden brown at the edges, about 2½ hours. Heat oven broiler. Remove insert from slow cooker, sprinkle remaining ½ cup cheese over top of spoon bread and broil until golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve warm.
Total Time is 2½ to 3 hours.