Corn Spoon Bread
Serves 6-8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels or one 10-ounce package frozen corn, thawed
- 3/4 cup finely ground cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for the dish
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, bring 2 cups of the milk and the corn to a boil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining milk and the cornmeal. Whisking constantly, slowly add the mixture to the boiling milk. Reduce heat and simmer gently, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in the butter, thyme, salt, pepper, and eggs.
- Transfer to a buttered casserole or cast-iron skillet. Bake until golden and set, about 30 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Per Serving
- Calories 165
- Fat 8g
- Cholesterol 70mg
- Carbohydrate 20g
- Sodium 514mg
- Protein 6g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 6g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .