- 3cups whole milk
- 2cups fresh corn kernels or one 10-ounce package frozen corn, thawed
- 3/4cup finely ground cornmeal
- 2tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for the dish
- 1tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 1/2teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4teaspoon black pepper
- 2large eggs, lightly beaten
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, bring 2 cups of the milk and the corn to a boil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining milk and the cornmeal. Whisking constantly, slowly add the mixture to the boiling milk. Reduce heat and simmer gently, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in the butter, thyme, salt, pepper, and eggs.
- Transfer to a buttered casserole or cast-iron skillet. Bake until golden and set, about 30 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.