- 1 quart low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup polenta
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 3/4 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt and black pepper
- hot sauce, for serving
- Bring chicken broth to a simmer in a large pot over medium heat. Add polenta and whisk until creamy, 25 to 35 min. Stir in corn kernels.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion, poblano pepper, and garlic and cook until soft, 8 to 10 min. Stir in shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Cook until shrimp are opaque, 5 to 6 min.
- To serve, spoon the shrimp mixture over the polenta and season with hot sauce.