- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces small cremini or white mushrooms
- 1 3/4-ounce package garlic-and-herb salad-dressing mix (such as Good Seasons)
- 1 cup frozen small onions (such as Birds Eye), thawed
- 1 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup canned chicken broth (such as Swanson Natural Goodness)
- 1 2-pound cooked chicken breast (such as Tyson) or 1 chicken cooked and cut into 2 breasts and 2 legs (discard backbone)
- Heat the oil in a large oven-safe casserole over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and sauté until brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the salad-dressing mix and onions and toss to coat evenly. Stir in the wine and broth and cook until blended. Add the chicken. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 15 minutes, turning pieces halfway through.
- Remove the chicken and vegetables. Increase heat to high and boil the sauce until reduced and slightly thickened. Pour over the chicken.