Cool Southwestern Salad With Corn and Avocado
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 small heads romaine lettuce, cut into bite-size pieces (about 12 cups)
- 1 cup corn kernels (cut from 1 to 2 ears, or frozen and thawed)
- 2 avocados, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 15.5-ounce can pinto beans, rinsed
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 9-ounce bag tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, corn, avocados, beans, onion, and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, lime juice, cumin, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad and gently toss. Serve with the tortilla chips.
- Per Serving
- Calories 565Calories From Fat 59%
- Fat 37g
- Sat Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 643mg
- Protein 11g
- Carbohydrate 55g
- Fiber 14g
- Sugar 6g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .