Cold Noodle Salad With Peanut Butter Dressing
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1/2 pound spaghetti or angel hair pasta
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce or a dash of hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil (optional)
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions (optional)
- 1/4 cup salted peanuts, roughly chopped (optional)
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and rinse under cold running water.
- Meanwhile, combine the peanut butter, vinegar, soy sauce, chili-garlic sauce or hot pepper sauce, sesame oil (if using), ginger, lime zest, and salt in a blender. With the motor running, slowly add the canola oil in a steady stream.
- Return the pasta to the pot and toss with the dressing. Garnish, if desired, with the cilantro, scallions, and peanuts. Serve
immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 hours.
- Per Serving
- Calories 737.84Calories From Fat 66%
- Calcium 26.34mg
- Carbohydrate 49.6g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Fat 54.56g
- Fiber 3.47g
- Iron 3.08mg
- Protein 16.25mg
- Sat Fat 6.09g
- Sodium 873.87mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
If you're in the mood for salad rather than pasta, toss the Peanut Butter Dressing with shredded cabbage or lettuce, carrots, and cooked chicken.