Cod With Beans, Corn, and Pesto
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 6-ounce pieces cod fillet (about 1 inch thick), skin removed
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 pound green beans, cut in half crosswise (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 leek (white and light green parts only), sliced into half-moons
- 2 ears corn, kernels cut off the cob (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons store-bought pesto, plus more for serving
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the cod with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook until the undersides are golden, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Flip the cod and scatter the green beans and leek around it.
- Add ¼ cup water, cover, and cook until the vegetables are just tender and the fish is opaque throughout, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer the cod to plates.
- Stir the corn into the beans, cover, and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the pesto. Serve with the cod and additional pesto, if desired.
- Per Serving
- Calories 255Calories From Fat 29%
- Protein 30g
- Carbohydrate 15g
- Sugar 3g
- Fiber 4g
- Fat 8g
- Sat Fat 1g
- Sodium 428mg
- Cholesterol 58mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Choose fresh cod that has a minimal fishy smell and feels firm and springy to the touch.