Coconut Rice With Winter Squash
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Prepare the rice according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, place the squash in a saucepan, cover with water, and boil until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat half the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the eggs and cook, stirring, until they’re scrambled. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil and the onion to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes. Add the coconut milk and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the squash, rice, edamame, and ½ teaspoon salt and cook, stirring gently, until heated through and all the liquid is absorbed, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add the scallions and eggs, toss, and serve.
- Per Serving
- Calories 512Calories From Fat 265
- Fat 30g
- Sat Fat 12g
- Cholesterol 212mg
- Sodium 324mg
- Protein 16g
- Carbohydrate 47g
- Sugar 4g
- Fiber 5g
- Iron 6mg
- Calcium 100mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
For a bit more green, toss watercress and sliced mushrooms with ¼ cup olive oil, 1 teaspoon each Dijon mustard and red wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon lime juice, and salt and pepper.