- 3cups rice
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1/4cup olive oil
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3/4cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- kosher salt
- 2 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- Prepare the rice according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, place the squash in a saucepan, cover with water, and boil until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat half the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the eggs and cook, stirring, until they’re scrambled. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil and the onion to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes. Add the coconut milk and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the squash, rice, edamame, and ½ teaspoon salt and cook, stirring gently, until heated through and all the liquid is absorbed, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add the scallions and eggs, toss, and serve.