Coconut Slice-and-Bake Cookies
Makes 60 cookies| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat oven to 350° F. Spread the coconut on a rimmed baking sheet and toast, tossing occasionally, until golden, 6 to 8 minutes; let cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cooled coconut.
- With an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar on medium speed until creamy, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat to combine. Reduce the mixer speed to low and gradually mix in the flour mixture just until combined (do not overmix).
- Form the dough into two 12-by-1½-inch logs. Wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours or up to 2 days.
- Cut the logs into ⅜-inch slices and place on baking sheets, spacing them 2 inches apart. Sprinkle with sugar and bake, rotating the baking sheets halfway through, until golden, 9 to 11 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a rack to cool.
- Storage suggestion: Keep the cookies at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- Per ServingServing Size: 1 cookie
- Calories 65
- Fat 3.5g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 10mg
- Sodium 30mg
- Protein 1g
- Carbohydrate 8g
- Sugar 5g
- Fiber 0g
- Iron 0mg
- Calcium 3mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .