Cobb Salad With Balsamic Vinaigrette
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 2 1/2- to 3-pound rotisserie chicken
- 2 heads green-leaf lettuce, torn into pieces
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- Cook the bacon in a medium skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer the bacon to a paper towel–lined plate. Transfer 1 tablespoon of the drippings to a small bowl.
- Add the oil, vinegar, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper to the bacon drippings. Whisk and set aside.
- Shred the chicken meat, using your fingers or a fork, and discard the skin and bones.
- Combine the lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, avocado, onion, and chicken in a large bowl. Crumble the bacon over the salad and serve with the vinaigrette.
- Per Serving
- Calories 632Calories From Fat 69%
- Protein 36g
- Carbohydrate 12g
- Sugar 5g
- Fiber 5g
- Fat 49g
- Sat Fat 15g
- Sodium 1684mg
- Cholesterol 131mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Brown-bagging it? Pack the dressing in a separate container and toss just before eating.