extra-virgin olive oil
kosher salt and pepper
2 1/2- to 3-pound rotisserie chicken
heads green-leaf lettuce, torn into pieces
blue cheese, crumbled
pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
small red onion, chopped
- Cook the bacon in a medium skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer the bacon to a paper towel–lined plate. Transfer 1 tablespoon of the drippings to a small bowl.
- Add the oil, vinegar, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper to the bacon drippings. Whisk and set aside.
- Shred the chicken meat, using your fingers or a fork, and discard the skin and bones.
- Combine the lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, avocado, onion, and chicken in a large bowl. Crumble the bacon over the salad and serve with the vinaigrette.