- 4 whole bone-in skin-on chicken legs (about 2 1/2 pounds total)
- 4 teapoons finely grated lemon zest, plus 2 lemons, halved
- 1 tablespoon finely grated clementine zest, plus 2 clementines, halved
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped rosemary
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- black pepper
- Combine the chicken, lemon and clementine zests, oil, rosemary, garlic, red pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and black pepper in a large resealable plastic bag, turning the chicken to coat evenly.
- Refrigerate at least 8 hours or up to overnight.
- Heat oven to 425° F.
- Season the chicken with 1 teaspoon salt.
- Roast the chicken and halved lemons and clementines on a rimmed baking sheet until browned and cooked through, 35 to 40 minutes. Serve the chicken with the lemons and clementines, which can be squeezed over the chicken.