Makes 50| Total Time:
- Divide the basic sugar cookie dough in half (do not substitute slice-and-bake dough). On a floured surface, roll each piece into an 8-by-12-inch rectangle.
- Sprinkle with a mixture of ¼ cup sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Starting from a long side, roll each rectangle into a log. Refrigerate until firm. Slice ¼ inch thick.
- Bake at 350° F on parchment-lined baking sheets until just beginning to brown, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Cool slightly on baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Ground spices and herbs last six months to one year. They should have a strong, clear aroma.