Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 1/2 pounds beets (1 bunch), peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 1/2 pounds parsnips, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 1/2 pounds baby carrots, peeled (or 1 1/2 pounds carrots cut into 2-inch chunks)
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 pound shiitake or cremini mushrooms, cleaned and stemmed
- Heat oven to 450° F. Place the vegetables in two small roasting pans.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, oil, and vinegar. Pour over the vegetables and toss to coat well.
- Cook until tender, about 1 hour, stirring halfway. Add the mushrooms during the last 10 minutes, toss to coat well, and finish roasting. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Per Serving
- Calories 228
- Calcium 77mg
- Carbohydrate 38g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Fat 7g
- Fiber 7g
- Iron 2mg
- Protein 4mg
- Sat Fat 1g
- Sodium 140mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
The vegetables can be roasted and kept at room temperature up to 2 hours in advance or refrigerated up to 1 day in advance. Reheat from room temperature at 350° F to 400° F.