- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 crisp apple (such as Braeburn, Gala, or Granny Smith), cut into a 1/4- to 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 cup apple cider or juice
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Melt the butter in a large skillet or saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the apple and cook until slightly softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add the cider or juice, broth, raisins, salt, and pepper. Bring to a gentle simmer. Cook until the apple has softened, about 3 minutes. Pour or spoon the sauce over cooked meat.