strips bacon, diced
leeks (white and light green parts), chopped
Yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch dice
corn kernels, fresh (from 3 ears) or frozen
dry white wine
kosher salt and black pepper
cod (skinless), cut into 2-inch pieces
- Heat oven to 400° F. In a large saucepan, over medium-high heat, fry the bacon until almost crisp. Spoon off and discard all but 1 tablespoon of the drippings.
- Add the leeks and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, corn, wine, cream, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Transfer to an 8-by-11-inch baking dish or shallow 2-quart casserole. Nestle the cod pieces in the potato mixture. Top with the crackers. Cover loosely with foil.
- Bake until the fish is cooked through, about 20 minutes.