- 6 strips bacon, diced
- 2 leeks (white and light green parts), chopped
- 1pound Yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 1/2cups corn kernels, fresh (from 3 ears) or frozen
- 1/3cup dry white wine
- 1 1/4cups heavy cream
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1pound cod (skinless), cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2cups oyster crackers
- Heat oven to 400° F. In a large saucepan, over medium-high heat, fry the bacon until almost crisp. Spoon off and discard all but 1 tablespoon of the drippings.
- Add the leeks and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, corn, wine, cream, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Transfer to an 8-by-11-inch baking dish or shallow 2-quart casserole. Nestle the cod pieces in the potato mixture. Top with the crackers. Cover loosely with foil.
- Bake until the fish is cooked through, about 20 minutes.