- 2 acorn squashes (about 1 1/2 pounds each), halved and seeded
- 1/2cup bulgur
- 4ounces manchego or Cheddar, grated (about 1 cup)
- 3ounces cured chorizo, chopped
- 1/4cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 head red leaf lettuce, leaves torn (about 6 cups)
- Heat oven to 450° F. Place the squash halves cut-side down in a baking dish, add ¼ inch water, cover with foil, and bake until tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the bulgur according to the package directions. In a medium bowl, combine the bulgur, manchego, chorizo, parsley, 1 tablespoon of the oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Turn the squash halves cut-side up and, dividing evenly, fill with the bulgur mixture. Bake until the filling is warmed through and the manchego is melted, 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Add the lettuce and toss to combine. Serve with the squash.