Chorizo-Potato Tacos With Black Bean Salsa
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 pound fresh chorizo or Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 russet potato (8 ounces), cut into 1⁄4-inch pieces
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed
- 4 radishes, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 8 hard taco shells, warmed
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the chorizo and potato over medium-high heat, breaking up the chorizo with a spoon, until it is browned and the potatoes are tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the beans, radishes, cilantro, lime juice, oil, cumin, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Fill the taco shells with the chorizo mixture, black bean salsa, avocado, and sour cream.
- Per Serving
- Calories 871
- Fat 61g
- Sat Fat 21g
- Cholesterol 110mg
- Sodium 2,004mg
- Protein 36g
- Carbohydrate 47g
- Sugar 2g
- Fiber 10g
- Iron 4mg
- Calcium 100mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Cilantro stems are so tender you can chop them up right along with the leaves.