Green Leaf, Chorizo, and Apple Salad
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 ounces Spanish chorizo, cut up
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 small clove garlic, crushed
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 small head green leaf lettuce, leaves torn (6 cups)
- 1/2 small apple, sliced
- 2 ounces manchego, sliced
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of the oil over medium heat. Add the chorizo and cook until crisp, 3 to 4 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, garlic, the remaining 3 tablespoons of oil, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ⅛ teaspoon black pepper.
- Add the lettuce, apple, manchego, and chorizo and toss to coat.
- Per Serving
- Calories 377
- Fat 34g
- Sat Fat 10g
- Cholesterol 40mg
- Sodium 579mg
- Protein 12g
- Carbohydrate 7g
- Sugar 4g
- Fiber 2g
- Iron 1mg
- Calcium 186mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
If you don’t have chorizo, substitute bacon or crumbled hot Italian sausage.