Chopped Greek Salad With Pita Chips
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 pitas, split horizontally
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce, chopped (about 8 cups)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 English cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 15.5-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup crumbled Feta (4 ounces )
- 8 pepperoncini (optional)
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives (optional)
- Heat oven to 350° F. Place the pita halves cut-side up on a baking sheet, brush with 1 tablespoon of the oil, and bake until golden and crisp, 4 to 6 minutes. Let cool, then break into pieces.
- Whisk together the vinegar, oregano, the remaining 3 tablespoons of oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper in a large bowl.
- Add the lettuce, tomatoes, bell pepper, cucumber, onion, chickpeas, Feta, pita chips, and pepperoncini and olives, if desired, and toss to combine.
- Per Serving
- Calories 380
- Fat 21g
- Sat Fat 6g
- Cholesterol 25mg
- Sodium 865mg
- Protein 12g
- Carbohydrate 37g
- Sugar 7g
- Fiber 6g
- Iron 3mg
- Calcium 226mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .