Chocolate-Topped Crispy Bars
Serves 24| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 10-ounce bag marshmallows
- 6 cups rice cereal (such as Rice Krispies)
- 12 ounces chocolate
- In a large saucepan, over medium-low heat, melt the butter and marshmallows, stirring until smooth, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the cereal and stir until coated and combined. Press into a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- Roughly chop the chocolate and place it in a heatproof bowl set over (but not in) a saucepan of gently simmering water. Spread the chocolate evenly over the rice mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate 45 minutes. Cut into 24 squares.
- Per ServingServing Size: 1 cookie
- Calories 143Calories From Fat 32%
- Protein 2g
- Carbohydrate 24g
- Sugar 16g
- Fiber 0g
- Fat 5g
- Sat Fat 3g
- Sodium 75mg
- Cholesterol 3mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .