- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- pinch kosher salt
- Heat the chocolate in a double boiler or medium heatproof bowl set over (not in) a saucepan of simmering water, stirring often, until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and let cool, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter on high until light and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes. Reduce mixer speed to low. Gradually add the sugar and beat until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Add the chocolate, sour cream, and salt and beat to combine.