Chocolate Ricotta Mousse
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 15-ounce container ricotta (about 2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted, plus more, shaved, for topping
- In a food processor, blend the ricotta, sugar, and melted chocolate until smooth.
- Divide among bowls and top with the shaved chocolate. (The mousse can be refrigerated until ready to serve, up to 2 days. Bring to room temperature before serving.)
- Per Serving
- Calories 389
- Fat 25g
- Sat Fat 16g
- Cholesterol 58mg
- Sodium 95mg
- Protein 15g
- Carbohydrate 30g
- Sugar 24g
- Fiber 0g
- Iron 1mg
- Calcium 235mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Gourmet chocolate contains high-quality cacao beans and a high percentage of cocoa butter. Inferior chocolate often has sugar added to mask the flavor.