- 8tablespoons (1 stick) butter
- 1½cups packed light brown sugar
- ½cup heavy cream
- ⅓cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½cup creamy peanut butter
- 1teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3cups old-fashioned rolled oats (not quick-cooking)
- 1cup dry roasted peanuts
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Stir in the brown sugar, cream, and cocoa, then boil for 1 minute.
- Remove the saucepan from heat, add the peanut butter and vanilla, and stir until smooth. Stir in the oats and peanuts.
- Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of the batter onto wax paper–lined baking sheets, spacing them 1 inch apart, and let cool until set, about 20 minutes.
Storage suggestion: Keep the cookies at room temperature, between sheets of wax paper in an airtight container, for up to 3 days.