Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat oven to 375° F. Lightly coat a 9-inch round cake pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- Finely chop the almonds. Grate 1 teaspoon orange zest from one of the oranges and cut strips of zest from another to use for garnish. Squeeze 1 1/2 cups juice from the oranges.
- Prepare the muffin mix according to the label directions but substitute 3/4 cup of the orange juice for water and blend in the chopped almonds and grated zest.
- Pour into pan. Bake 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool torte in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar and the remaining 3/4 cup orange juice. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly reduced and thickened, about 10 minutes.
- To serve, spoon the sauce over the torte and garnish with the orange-zest strips.
If you made it from scratch: 2 1/2 hours.
- Per Serving
- Calories 491
- Calcium 55mg
- Carbohydrate 81g
- Cholesterol 17mg
- Fat 17g
- Fiber 2g
- Iron 2mg
- Protein 6mg
- Sat Fat 5g
- Sodium 366mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .