Dark Chocolate Walnut Fudge
Makes 64 pieces| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with a strip of wax or parchment paper, leaving an overhang on two sides.
- In a double boiler or a medium heatproof bowl set over (not in) a saucepan of barely simmering water, heat the chocolate, condensed milk, butter, and salt, stirring occasionally, until smooth. Stir in the walnuts.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the prepared pan and chill, uncovered, until firm, at least 4 hours and up to 3 days.
- Run a knife around the edges of the pan to loosen the fudge. Using the parchment overhang, lift the fudge out of the pan. Cut into 64 1-inch squares. Serve chilled.
- Storage suggestion: Keep the fudge refrigerated, in an airtight container, for 2 weeks.
- Per ServingServing Size: 1 piece
- Calories 78
- Fat 5g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 4mg
- Sodium 30mg
- Protein 1g
- Carbohydrate 8g
- Sugar 8g
- Fiber 0g
- Iron 0mg
- Calcium 19mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
You may be tempted to use chocolate morsels, but for fudge, a higher-quality chocolate will give you a much better result.