- 6 Earl Grey tea bags or 2 tablespoons loose Earl Grey
- 1cup water
- 1/2cup (1 stick) butter
- 3 eggs
- 2cups granulated sugar
- 4ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2cups all-purpose flour
- 1teaspoon baking soda
- 1teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2cup plain yogurt
- confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 350° F. Coat an 8-cup fluted tube pan with cooking spray.
- Brew the tea in the water 3 to 5 minutes. Remove the tea bags or strain the leaves and set the brewed tea aside.
- Using a mixer, beat the butter, eggs, and granulated sugar until fluffy. Blend in the chocolate. Beat in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, yogurt, and brewed tea. Pour into pan.
- Bake 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out with a few crumbs attached. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes. Turn out of pan and cool. Dust with confectioners' sugar.