Chocolate-Dipped Coconut Macaroons
Makes 32 macaroons| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 14-ounce package sweetened shredded coconut (about 5 cups)
- 4 large egg whites
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled to room temperature
- Heat oven to 325° F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the coconut, egg whites, sugar, flour, salt, and vanilla.
- Drop packed tablespoonfuls of the mixture onto parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing them 1 inch apart.
- Bake, rotating the baking sheets halfway through, until lightly golden, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool slightly on the baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- When cool, dip the bottom of each macaroon in the chocolate and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate until firm, 20 to 30 minutes. Store the macaroons in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 7 days.
- Per ServingServing Size: 1 cookie
- Calories 112Calories From Fat 60
- Fat 7g
- Sat Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 54mg
- Protein 1g
- Carbohydrate 14g
- Sugar 11g
- Fiber 1g
- Iron 0mg
- Calcium 2mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
If you’re short on time, omit the chocolate and serve these deliciously chewy cookies plain.