- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries, or frozen raspberries, thawed
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the cocoa, cinnamon, cornstarch, and 2/3 cup of brown sugar. Whisk in the milk and 1/2 cup of the cream. Over medium-low heat, bring to a boil and cook, stirring constantly, until the pudding is thick and smooth. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Pour into individual ramekins or a large bowl and press plastic wrap directly onto the surface to prevent a skin from forming.
- Whip the remaining heavy cream with the remaining sugar until soft peaks from. Serve the pudding warm or chilled with the raspberries and whipped cream.