Chocolate Chunk Hot Cocoa Mix
Makes 4 1/2 cups| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 ounces chopped semisweet chocolate
- In a bowl, combine the cocoa, sugar, and chocolate. Store in an airtight container.
- Keep at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 4 months.
- Include these instructions with your gift: “In a small saucepan, whisk ¼ cup cocoa mix with ¾ cup milk. Bring to a bare simmer. Serves 1.”
- Per Serving
- Calories 129
- Fat 6g
- Sat Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 3mg
- Protein 3g
- Carbohydrate 25g
- Sugar 16g
- Fiber 5g
- Iron 2mg
- Calcium 15mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Gourmet chocolate contains high-quality cacao beans and a high percentage of cocoa butter. Inferior chocolate often has sugar added to mask the flavor.