- 1 1/2cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 3/4teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 24ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350° F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda; set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter and 12 ounces (2 cups) of the chocolate. Microwave on high in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until melted and smooth; let cool slightly. Whisk in the sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth.
- Gradually add the flour mixture, mixing until just combined (do not overmix). Fold in the remaining 12 ounces (2 cups) of chocolate. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Drop mounds of the dough (about 1 heaping tablespoon each) 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake, rotating the baking sheets halfway through, until firm around the edges and cracked on the tops, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool slightly on the baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.