- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1 1/2cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4cup granulated sugar
- 1/2cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 3/4cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350° F. Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with the nonstick spray. Line the pan with a piece of parchment, leaving an overhang on two sides; spray the parchment with the nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the butter and sugars, then whisk in the eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour mixture, then the pecans and chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool completely in the pan. Holding both sides of the paper overhang, lift the cake out of the pan, transfer to a cutting board, and cut into 16 squares. Note: Total Time includes cooling time.