- 3 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 12 ounces semisweet or milk chocolate chips (2 cups)
- Heat oven to 350° F. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars on medium-high until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture, mixing until just combined (do not overmix). Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop mounds of the dough (about 2 tablespoons each) 3 inches apart onto baking sheets.
- Bake, rotating the baking sheets halfway through, until golden brown, 14 to 16 minutes. Let cool slightly on the baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.